Dr. Samantha Wise is a graduate of the College of Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group family in 2015. Before joining us, Dr. Samantha had worked in a small animal practice for five years as both a Veterinary Assistant and a Receptionist. She also worked at the Texas A&M Wildlife Center caring for large exotics including ostriches, emus, tortoises and deer. Dr. Samantha has also completed multiple externships focusing on small animal medicine, surgery, ophthalmology, and exotic animal medicine.
Dr. Samantha’s areas of special interest include preventative medicine, general medicine and surgery of dogs & cats and non-traditional pets, and veterinary dermatology.
Dr. Samantha grew up in Plano, Texas. She is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Texas A&M University with a degree in Genetics. She continued her education at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2015.
Dr. Samantha and her husband share their home with their three fur children: Tryg, a Giant Schnauzer; Hermes, a domestic short hair; and Penelope, a Chihuahua-Dachshund mix. The happy family also welcomed their beautiful daughter, Livia Wise, in March 2021! In her spare time, Dr. Samantha enjoys reading, cooking, and traveling with her husband.
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 S. Custer Rd
McKinney, Texas 75072
Areas of Experience and Special Interest:
- Preventative medicine
- General medicine and surgery for dogs and cats
- General medicine and surgery of reptiles
- Veterinary dermatology
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics, Texas A&M University, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, 2011
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- The Society of Phi Zeta, the Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine