Dr. Julie Chabira is a graduate of the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group as a general practitioner at Preston Road Animal Hospital in 2005 and is now the Medical Director. Before joining the Preston Road Family, she worked at the Texas A&M Small and Large Animal Hospitals as an ICU technician, pharmacy technician, and veterinary receptionist. She also completed an externship at a small and exotic animal practice in Lubbock as well as an externship at an equine, small animal, and exotic practice in North Carolina.
Dr. Julie has always enjoyed working with animals and has had a life-long interest in medicine. Veterinary medicine is the perfect combination of her two passions and she enjoys making a difference in the lives of pets and their owners each day. She strives to establish a compassionate and trusting relationship with pets and their families.
A native of Austin, Dr. Julie attended Texas A&M University and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Biomedical Science in 2001. She continued her education at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine, graduating Cum Laude with her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2005.
Dr. Julie’s areas of special interest and concentration include canine and feline internal medicine, small animal surgery, animal dentistry, and the medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets, such as reptiles and small mammals. She has completed continuing education courses in advanced ultrasound technology, Global FAST scan Emergency ultrasounds, and Therapeutic Cold Laser Therapy.
She and her husband, Adam, have 2 daughters, and share their home with a mischievous mini-dachshund named Pretzel, a rescue Pitbull named Penny, a spunky brown tabby name Stella, and Cinnamon, the hamster. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, checking out new restaurants, traveling, and riding horses.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Areas of experience and special interests:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- Animal health consultancy for pet breeders and other pet sellers
- Companion animal behavioral medicine
- Medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets, such as reptiles and small mammals
- Pet dentistry
- Veterinary ultrasound
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2005
- BS, Biomedical Services, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2001
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association