Dr. Sue Chastain graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor’s in Microbiology, and followed it up with her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine in 1990. Dr. Sue co-founded the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group, along with her husband, Dr. Clint Chastain, in 2000. They have owned and practiced veterinary medicine at Preston Road Animal Hospital, in Dallas, Texas, since 1992, and at Meadow Brook Animal Hospital, in McKinney, Texas, since 2003.
Dr. Sue loves working with people and their pets and enjoys the challenges that come with veterinary medicine. She is happy she is able to make a difference in the lives of both pets and their people.
Prior to moving to Dallas, Dr. Sue worked as an associate veterinarian at the Mount Houston Animal Clinic in Houston, Texas. She has also worked many overnight shifts at animal emergency clinics in both Houston, Texas and Plano, Texas.
Dr. Sue’s areas of special interest and concentration include veterinary dentistry and dermatology, canine and feline endocrinology, canine and feline geriatric medicine, feline medicine and surgery, ferret medicine and surgery, and sugar glider medicine and surgery. She enjoys mentoring and training new veterinary and paraprofessional staff. As a result, CVMG is an AAHA Mentorship Hospital; there are only 15 accredited in all of Texas, 2 of which are our locations. She completes extensive continuing education each year and earns on average about 50 to 100 hours of continuing education credits each year.
At home, she enjoys the companionship of a number of pets, including three cats, two birds, and a dog. She and Dr. Clint are the proud parents of two daughters, Alexandra and Miranda – both Fight’n Texas Aggies, Class of 2021. Whoop! When she’s not busy with her duties at the hospital, Dr. Sue can be found working out at the gym, cooking or spending time with either her 2 or 4-legged kids.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 S. Custer Rd.
McKinney, Texas 75070
Tel: 972 529-5033
Fax: 972 529-5128
Areas of experience and special interest:
- Emergency medicine
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- General medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets (ferrets, reptiles, birds, sugar gliders, etc.)
- Geriatric pet medicine & surgery
- Pediatric pet medicine & surgery
- Laser Surgery techniques – cold & surgical
- Mentoring recent veterinary graduates
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1990
- BS, Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1986
- BS, Texas A&M University, Microbiology, 1985
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Vet Med Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Veterinary Surgical Laser Society
- Collin County Veterinary Medical Association
- The Society of Phi Zeta, the Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine