Dr. Samantha Wise is a graduate of the College of Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group family in 2015. Before joining us, Dr. Wise had worked in a small animal practice for five years as both a veterinary assistant and a receptionist. She also worked at the Texas A&M Wildlife Center, caring for large exotics including ostriches, emus, tortoises and deer. Dr. Wise has also completed multiple externships focusing on small animal and surgery. She also completed externships focusing on exotic animal medicine and ophthalmology.
Dr. Wise’s areas of special interest include preventative medicine, general medicine and surgery of both dogs and cats, general medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets such as small mammals, birds and reptiles. She is also enjoys veterinary dermatology.
Dr. Wise grew up in Plano, Texas. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Texas A&M University with a degree in genetics. She continued her education at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2015.
Dr. Wise and her husband share their home with their three fur children: Ares, a Giant Schnauzer; Herme, a domestic short hair; and Penelope, a Chihuahua-Dachshund mix. In her spare time she enjoys reading, cooking and traveling with her husband.
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 South Custer Road
McKinney, Texas 75070
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Areas of Experience and Special Interest:
- Preventative Medicine
- General Medicine and surgery for dogs and cats
- General Medicine and surgery for non-traditional pets (small mammals, birds and reptiles)
- Veterinary Dermatology
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics, Texas A&M University, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, 2011
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- The Society of Phi Zeta, the Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine