Dr. Mari Childs is a graduate of the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group as a general practitioner at Meadow Brook Animal Hospital in 2014. Before joining the Meadow Brook Family, she served as both a veterinary nurse and receptionist at several animal hospitals. Dr. Childs has completed several externships during her career, including working at multiple companion exotic animal clinics throughout the country.
Dr. Childs enjoys treating patients of all species as members of your family, and has a passion for teamwork with owners so that patients can enjoy the best quality of life possible in both the clinic and at home.
After growing up in Carrollton, Dr. Childs attended Texas A&M University and graduated cum laude with her Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science. After deciding to pursue a career in animal medicine, she then continued her education at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine where she graduated magna cum laude when awarded her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine.
Areas of special interest for Dr. Childs include behavioral medicine, preventative medicine, dentistry, and the care of non-traditional pets such as birds and small-mammals. She is particularly interested in following and researching the latest veterinary medical breakthroughs for pets and enjoys studying cutting edge scientific data on animal health in general.
Dr. Childs and her husband share their house with a spoiled Havanese, Wesley, and a mischievous showshoe cat, Toulouse. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, exercising, and spending time with friends and family.
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 S. Custer Rd.
McKinney, Texas 75070
Tel: 972 529-5033
Fax: 972 529-5128
Areas of experience and special interest:
- Preventive medicine
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- General medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets (ferrets, reptiles, birds, sugar gliders, etc.)
- Veterinary dentistry
- Preventive health medicine
- Animal health consultancy for families, pet breeders and other pet sellers
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2014
- BS, Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2012.
- BS, Texas A&M University, Biomedical Science, 2010.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Vet Med Association
- Collin County Veterinary Medical Association