Dr. Julie Chabira is a graduate of the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group as a general practitioner at Preston Road Animal Hospital in 2005. Prior to that, she served in other organizations as a general veterinary nurse, ICU veterinary nurse, and veterinary receptionist.
Dr. Chabira loves being a veterinarian. She has always enjoyed working with animals and has had a life-long interest in medicine. Veterinary medicine is the perfect combination of her two passions and she enjoys making a difference in the lives of pets and their owners each day.
A native of Austin, Dr. Chabira attended Texas A&M University and graduated magna cum laude with her Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Science in 2001. She continued her education at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine and was awarded her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2005.
Dr. Chabira’s areas of special interest and concentration include canine and feline internal medicine, small animal surgery, animal dentistry, and the medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets, such as reptiles and small mammals. She has completed continuing education courses in ultrasound technology and participates in a large number of continuing education courses each year.
She and her husband, Adam, share their home with a ragdoll cat named Siddalee, and two rescued Boston Terriers, and Woodrow, a horse. In her free time, she enjoys riding her horse, snow skiing and playing the violin.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Areas of experience and special interests:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats.
- Animal health consultancy for pet breeders and other pet sellers.
- Companion animal behavioral medicine.
- Medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets, such as reptiles and small mammals.
- Pet dentistry.
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2005
- BS, Biomedical Services, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2001
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association