Dr. Clint Chastain co-founded the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group, along with his wife, Dr. Sue Chastain, in 2000. Dr. Clint and Dr. Sue have owned and practiced veterinary medicine at Preston Road Animal Hospital, in Dallas, Texas, since 1992. They have owned and practiced veterinary medicine at Meadow Brook Animal Hospital, in McKinney, Texas, since 2003.
A native of Corpus Christi, Texas, Dr. Clint Chastain enjoys all aspects of being a veterinarian. He likes working with people and helping animals in a framework that uses science. He also enjoys creating pet healthcare and service systems for animals. Most of all, he enjoys passing his knowledge on to future generations of veterinarians and technicians.
Prior to moving to Dallas, Dr. Clint Chastain worked as an associate veterinarian at the Copperfield Animal Clinic in Houston, Texas. He has also worked at several animal emergency clinics in both Houston, Texas and Plano, Texas.
Dr. Chastain devotes much of his time to management of the two clinics. When on clinical duty, his areas of special interest and concentration include orthopedic surgery, medical imaging and ultrasound, endoscopy, laproscopy, cardiology, and the medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets such as ferrets, rabbits, and reptiles.
When not busy with his many duties at the two clinics, Dr. Chastain can be found either working on his family ranch, practicing photography or studying amateur radio. He and Dr. Sue Chastain are the proud parents of two daughters. Their furry and feathered family members include two cats, a dog, two parrots, and various cows and chickens.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 S. Custer Rd.
McKinney, Texas 75070
Tel: 972 529-5033
Fax: 972 529-5128
Areas of experience & special interest:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- General medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets (ferrets, reptiles, birds, sugar gliders, etc.)
- Orthopedic surgery
- Cardiology and Echocardiography
- Endoscopy and endoscopic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Veterinary practice management
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1991 (cum laude)
- BS, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, 1989
- BS, Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, Biomedical Science, 1986
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Radiology, Society of Veterinary Ultrasound
- American Vet Med Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Association of Avian Veterinarians
- Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians
- Collin County Vet Med Association
- Texas Vet Med Association (Life Member)
- The Society of Phi Zeta, the Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine