Dr. Clint Chastain earned his Bachelor’s in Biomedical Science from Texas A&M University. He attained his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine with Honors from Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine in 1991. Dr. Clint co-founded the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group, along with his wife, Dr. Sue Chastain, in 2000. They have owned and practiced veterinary medicine at Preston Road Animal Hospital, in Dallas, Texas, since 1992, and at Meadow Brook Animal Hospital, in McKinney, Texas, since 2003.
A native of Corpus Christi, Texas, Dr. Clint enjoys all aspects of being a veterinarian. He likes working with people and helping animals in a framework that uses science. He also enjoys creating pet healthcare and service systems for animals. Most of all, he enjoys passing his knowledge on to future generations of veterinarians and technicians.
Prior to moving to Dallas, Dr. Clint worked as an associate veterinarian in Houston, Texas. He has also worked at several animal emergency clinics in both Houston, Texas and Plano, Texas.
Dr. Clint is semi-retired, but still assists with the two clinics.
When not busy with his many duties at the two clinics, Dr. Clint can be found either working on his family ranch or practicing photography. He and Dr. Sue are the proud parents of two daughters, Alexandra and Miranda – both Fight’n Texas Aggies, Class of 2021. Whoop! Their furry and feathered family members include three cats, a dog, and two parrots.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Meadow Brook Animal Hospital
1400 S. Custer Rd.
McKinney, Texas 75070
Tel: 972 529-5033
Fax: 972 529-5128
Areas of experience & special interest:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- General medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets (ferrets, reptiles, birds, sugar gliders, etc.)
- Cardiology and Echocardiography
- Laser surgery
- Veterinary practice management
- DVM, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1991 (cum laude)
- BS, Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, 1989
- BS, Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, Biomedical Science, 1986
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American College of Veterinary Radiology, Society of Veterinary Ultrasound
- American Vet Med Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Collin County Vet Med Association
- Texas Vet Med Association
- The Society of Phi Zeta, the Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine