Dr. Ashleigh Frain is a graduate from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. She joined the Chastain Veterinary Medical Group at Preston Road Animal Hospital in 2019. Prior to this, she worked in the Wildlife Medical Clinic at the University of Illinois as well as completed externships in surgery, diagnostic imaging, and shelter medicine during her clinical year.
Dr. Frain grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. She graduated magna cum laude from Elmhurst College with her Bachelor’s degree in Biology. She then attended the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Frain loves the challenge of practicing medicine with many different species of animals. She enjoys working as a team with pet parents so that their pets receive optimal care. Dr. Frain’s special areas of interest include preventative medicine, dermatology, behavioral medicine, surgery, and physical rehabilitation.
Dr. Frain and her significant other share their home with a spunky rescue dog named Jax and a leopard gecko named Littlefoot. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, figure skating, and exploring the sights and tastes Dallas has to offer.
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Areas of experience and special interest:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- Veterinary Dermatology
- Veterinary Dentistry
- Veterinary Endocrinology
- Geriatric pet medicine & surgery
- Animal health consultancy for families, pet breeders and other pet sellers
- DVM, Oklahoma State University, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, 2005.
- BS, Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, 2000.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Vet Med Association
- Collin County Veterinary Medical Association