Dr. Lauren Bernstein is a graduate of University College Dublin School of Veterinary Medicine and joined Preston Road Animal Hospital in 2013. Having studied overseas for several years, Dr. Bernstein values the importance of communication, a tool she has enjoyed integrating into clinical practice. Before joining the Preston Road family, Dr. Bernstein completed several externships in anesthesia, public health, small and large animal medicine and surgery, and exotic animal medicine. Her special interests include veterinary public health and pain management.
Although she is a New Jersey native, Dr. Bernstein attended high school and college in Tennessee. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science before continuing her education at University College Dublin, where she graduated with honors.
When not helping pets at work, Dr. Bernstein enjoys yoga, volunteering with a therapeutic equestrian program, and snuggling with her rescue cat, Father Ted (affectionately named after a famous Irish TV comedy).
Preston Road Animal Hospital
6060 LBJ Freeway
Dallas Texas 75240
Tel: 972 239-1309
Fax: 972 458-1323
Areas of experience and special interest:
- General medicine and surgery of dogs and cats
- Medicine and surgery of non-traditional pets, such as ferrets, reptiles and birds
- Public health
- Preventive medicine
- MVB, University College Dublin, School of Veterinary Medicine, 2013
- BS, The University of Tennessee, Animal Science 2009
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association, Public Health Committee
- Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association